Monday, May 07, 2007

"anjani rahon mein tu kya dhoondhta phire ..."

was sitting with my handicap lappy (even after 12 calls and three mails to hathway my internet connection is still not renewed; seems they do not need revenue) playing NFS which is getting pretty bored these days as I am getting master of this game. Winning always without struggle is not a feeling to cherish; suddenly this song turned up on MTV. If there is anything which makes me forget everything, without a hit on the head with a flower vase, it's Lucky Ali's voice. Reason: I don't know. apart from his voice I just love the way his songs are portrayed, most of the times they reflect a common life, the videos show him traveling around the world, meeting people and then leaving the place for a new destination to create new memories, new relationships, just like the flow of a river. That’s how a life should be. The life of a traveler. I should realize that I am just a traveler, who started this journey with nothing, and one day, will end it with nothing. As I travel, I will come across varied things. Thunderous applause, venomous comments, beautiful faces, luxurious objects, broken promises. But the echo of every applause will die down eventually, every hateful comment will lose its sting after a while, a beautiful face may reveal an ugly soul with time, no object of pleasure can lead to prolonged satisfaction, and it was only my own expectation which hurt me in the guise of a broken promise. So I need to realize the truth that without attaching myself to these mirages, I have to enjoy the journey. Life is not about clinging to these ever changing stations on the way. It's about understanding that it's all just a journey, to end in nothingness one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.