Wednesday, June 20, 2007

a phone call can change your life..

sipping a cup of hot coffee sitting near the glass wall (with rain drops falling on it) of my pentahouse apartment located at Hiranandani Estates - Powai, looking at the hills outside with the song "yeh shaam mastani .. madhosh kiye jaye" playing in backgroung on my Bose music system.. remembring my old IIMA days.. those friends .. those fun filled days..

well.. coming back to my "aukaat".. that is a bit too ideal of a evening in my life ...here i am sitting on a dining cum study cum reclainer type chair in my flat in Borivali (my flat ..?? are you gone mad dude .. it's rented) with an almost empty can of coke looking at my computer screen while the song "aashayein..." being played for 12th time in row.. (this song keeps me going on in hope one day some good MNC would hire me with handsome salary) i am playing my favorite game "mario".. :)

suddenly my phone rings. i redirect one of my eyes to look at phone screen to know who called while other eye is still paying full concentration on mario. this was a call to be accepted. could not be rejected at any cost. no no .. not that "someone special one"; it is a friend. whom i address as "lifeguru" because i have learnt a lot from her calmness and stillness. many times when i feel tensed and worried i talk to her and she like an angel makes me to forget all my worries and tensions for a while. she is calling me for almost tenth times in last two days which is almost equal to the times we talk in two months. my sixth sense is warning me that there is something abnormal with this. i attend the call ("mario" is still going ON :-))

me : hey lifeguru.. what's up ?

she: yeah.. good here .. how are you doing ?? (a notebly sad voice)

me : ma enjoying the mumbai rainy season. you sound sad. like never before. is everything okey ?

she: yeah.. everything is good. did you remember when did we meet for the last time ?
me : (after some thinking) almost three months back.

she: hmmm. great.
me : i have gathered the information you wanted regarding Air Hostess Training Instt. in Delhi.

she: but situations may not allow me to join there now. (i sensed her voice emerging from a distance with a lot of depth)
she: i want to share something with you.

me : yes. you can. like you always do. you again hit a motorist with your car ?
she: no. something serious. should i tell you ?

me : what.?
she: this is something which you would never have expected. and something which no one knows. and you would have to promise me that no one of our common friends come to know about it. (now she is talking like she is going to say "i am a ghost")

me : (curious) hey. tell na. don't test my patience.
she: listen carefully.. (and when the secret is revealed .. and i go absolutely speachless for few minutes..)


that one phone call changed the way i think, the way i think about life, the way i feel possesive about my belongings and much more. That day i truely felt "Life is so unncertain".

4 comments:

AFAQ said...

i like the way you started it and esp ended it....you left it to our imagination ....well i only imagine that she says she was a ghost....

and you learn that life is unexpectable..

good...meticulous descriptions

keep it up

raregenome said...

may be she said..out of the blue moon she has reaklised she loves you[:0]

anyways thank you for reading and commenting on my blog.
thanks again[:)]

Unknown said...

nice writing skills.. btw ... hint tow de de yr... u r testing our patiennce noww.. newazz i hope she said smthing gud... for u .. nd for her too..

Ankit said...

Hey maybe she called to say that she is pregnant with your child :) i mean it happens!!!!